- "AR is not going to work well for most things but it’s going to be very good for certain uses. Right now I’m very keen at trying to understand what those things might be". Tish Shute interviews Chris Arkenberg.
- Zugara: Defining Virtual Property Rights In an Augmented World.
- Layar is one of TechCrunch's top 30 applications for Android. Which is not surprising, since after all you can use it in order to see wild safari animals around the Netherlands.
- One of my favorite AR projects, the Artvertiser, is featured New Scientist, and here's a video interview with its creators.
- Dennō Coil to be adapted to a multiplayer online game? (via @kurakura)
- Small Screen / Big Story, another look at the possible future of augmented reality.
I realize we've done nothing truly original so far. We have plenty of ideas for updates tough, but we tried to get a basic version out of the door in time for Halloween. This was really our first try at making an iPhone game and as you'll see in the credits there's definitely not too many of us on the team :p
In future updates, we plan to improve the monsters and weapons, etc., but more importantly add geolocation and social network-oriented multiplayer.
The game is free and available here, so why won't you give it a chance?
Have a treat of a week!