- Librarian’s dream app – researchers from Miami University created an augmented reality meets mobile application to help keep books ordered on libraries' shelves.
- Beats me why the need the money, I always assumed they make millions, but Total Immersion gets USD $5,5M in funding led by Intel Capital (which, interestingly, also funded Layar).
- Quimo from the University of South Australia, is like play-doh for augmented reality. This "deformable material" supports "freeform modeling in spatial AR environments" by embedding almost invisible AR markers.
- "The Witness" is a German half-movie-half alternative reality game that uses AR (or pseudo-AR) to move the plot forward (via @GaryPHayes).
- Comedian Ricky Gervais dismisses augmented reality as "a load of bollocks" (via @Layar).
You can read more about this on Technology Review.
Have a sunny week!