- Enter the mind of Ronald Chevalier, an experience that promotes this film.
- Georgia Tech's has a new infomercial for their mixed reality design class.
- Study finds that when it comes to in-car navigation, augmented reality is better than 3D egocentric view aids (such as plain old GPS devices). Who could have guessed?
- Geocaching using augmented reality is such a neat idea, I'm surprised no one before Jacob at Trimagination thought about it.
- Looking for an AR primer? Rusty Henderson has one covering the basics (with many videos), and Tom Carpenter has some more details.
My team has figured out how to build most of Rainbows End. Just matter of time and funding now... /evil scientist cackle/I guess that if they really achieved that feat, funding will not be a problem.
And finally, the weekly video comes from GeoVector (which I previouslly covered here). It's a concept video from 1995 and contains some interesting ideas. It just shows that even if you think that you have a novel idea, someone has thought about it before. Jump to 4:51 for a really cool augmented frogger: