Anyway, here are some more augmented-reality related news from around the web:
- South Korea is investing twelve billion won on augmented reality research. It translates to about 10 million US dollars. Interestingly, South Korea is behind 24% of the world's AR related patents (just after the US and Japan, and twice the number of EU patents). Thanks David for the tip!
- New Scientist: "Innovation: How cellphones will enhance reality". Nothing really new in there (Enkin, Nokia's MARA and Wikitude are mentioned).
- Julian Perretta has a whole clip accessible through FLARToolKit for his song "Ride my Star".
- New video of Tonchidot's Sekai Camera surfaces.
- From the Where 2.0 - "Wearable Sensory Substitution Devices for Navigation". Augmenting other senses (other than sight) for those who are vision impaired or suffer from Alzheimer. One of my first posts was about this topic, and I'm glad to see that AR is used for helping others.