- Augmented Planet on why mobile augmented reality is much like Marmite.
- Tish Shute gave a very short talk on AR and twitter in the 140conf.
- Last week I've mentioned the AR Flashmob, here's how it went
- LTU Technologies lets developers build Google Goggles-like mobile applications (via DMFO)
- Inglobe Technologies, the guys behind the augmented reality plugin to Google's sketchup, created an AR plugin to Autocad.
- RockstAR lets you and your friends dress like famous rock stars (the surprise!)
- And mark your calendars, HIT Lab NZ holds an open house this riday.
Think what a single hype cycle for "video" would look like. Then consider TV, online video, outdoor billboards, mobile phone displays, that is to say -- moving images are a very big idea. Different implementations are adopted in different ways at different rates… AR is also a very big idea that has many manifestations.
And this week's video is a commercial to augmented reality head up display called the "Stark HUD". Unfortunately you will not be able them anytime soon, since they are part of an elaborated campaign promoting the release of "Iron Man 2", which also includes a web application that lets you try on iron man's mask.
that's it for now, have a great week!