The committee has decided to extend the deadline for position papers to June 6th (5 PM UK). Please find more information and guidelines for the position papers: http://www.perey.com/ARStandards/third-meeting-position-papers/
Now, back to our regular programming:
- The community is still abuzz with the Augmented Reality Event:
- Microsoft's ARE Read Write World talk courtesy of @MetaverseOne (who worked hard to edit this video together) - check out his site for more clips from ARE.
- ARE2011 keynote by Blaise Aguera y Arcas. As usual, computer vision wizardry is to be expected
- But lest us forget about the European counterparts: Augmented Planet 2011 and the AR Summit (which ironically falls for me on a trip to the United States)
- Latest Windows Phone version, Mango, discovers GPS and compass based augmented reality two years too late. We want "strong" photosynth based AR, and we want it now!
- Zombie Room is an augmented reality puzzle game that looks kinda interesting http://omy.gd/0ojvF but in what way does AR makes it any better?
- Zugara shares data from their usability testing about augmented reality For ecommerce
This week's video goes to you Dr. Who fans - I'll never understand your ways. Sean McCracken apparently does, and thus created this Android app, available on the Android market to display an augmented version of the TARDIS. Everlasting glory to the first fan who will create a video of Daleks shouting "augment! augment!"
Have a nice week, and good luck Noora