- Sergey Ten opened a mobile AR group at Linkedin.
- Games Alfresco: Games of the future are mostly augmented
- The World Wildlife Foundation (WWF) is going in the way of GE - Augmented earth hour
- Looking for an AR job? Neogence is looking for an OpenGL guru.
- Looking for an AR research position? The Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Institute in Bremen, Germany is looking for a researcher on the field of augmented welding helmets.
- An audio recording of SXSW's "Emerging Trends of Mobile Technology" panel, previously mentioned here.
Designers may be used to the technology behind augmented reality and understand how an icon on paper can be transformed into a 3D animation you can move yourself. But we must never forget how our target audience thinks. For ‘the masses’ augmented reality feels like magic. They don’t think in technologies, but just experience the result. And when they do this, they are overwhelmed by the coolness of augmented reality.From "The viral effect of augmented reality" at Johnny Holland Magazine.
And just to spice things up, here's a video of an augmented fossball table using Goblin XNA someone did as an homework assignement -
Have a nice week!