- I'm not sure what exactly does it mean, but it was all over the blogosphere - Apple will allow augmented reality applications in its iPhone OS 3.1 release. I suspect it only applies to AR applications of the Wikitude-Layar-TubeFinder kind, that don't have image recognition capabilities.
- In other cellular news, Samsung works on a Tegra based phone.
- DoCoMo presents a GPS&Compass based AR application for Android at Wireless Japan conference. More here.
- On Monday, we've reported about Jonas Jäger's take on AR business cards, since then he has launched augmentedbusinesscard.net, and he is on his way to make the technology publicly available.
- And here's OneZeroThrice's implementation of AR business cards (sorry ...). OneZeroThrice are the creators of ARtisan which aims to provide a simple frontend to FLARToolKit.
- Brian Selzer has this review of Comic Con from the AR perspective.
- An AR ad application for the upcoming film 9.
This week's video comes to us from Italian Giancarlo Facoetti, who used ARToolKit to create a simple game, that actually looks like some harmless fun:
Have a nice week!