The augmented reality society is coming out of its winter hibernation, and we have quite a few links to AR related stories this week:
- QderoPateo are developing an AR dedicated device. GigaOM asks why ('hich is a good reason to plug my "The Kindle Test" post)
- Augmented Planet was bountiful this week with "The case against augmented reality" that tries hard, but fails to find bad use-cases unique to AR; Their "Ultimate guide to iPhone augmented reality" is a very thorough review of, well, iPhone AR applications; And, I forgot to mention it last week, but they've launched Augmented Reality News, which aggregates many AR blogs into one stream.
- VentureBeat queries Metaio and Layar about the next generation of AR applications.
- On the other hand, Blake Callens at OneZeroThrice complains about the current state of augmented reality - "Can I have GOOD Mobile Augmented Reality Yet?"
- BoingBoing featured a very
strangeartsy video about augmented dating.
- Having problems getting your kids dressed in the morning? Brights&Stripes created a magic tee to help out.
- And if you have a couple of hours to burn, ComputerWorld has a long, long review of AR.
Have a nice week (but be careful about who is reading your boring tweets)!