Here some other interesting things that happened this week:
- The most exciting bit of news came from Google this week - they plan to open up Goggles for third party developers. It would be interesting to see what that entails.
- Which reminds me that they also bought visual search startup Plink this week, which specializes in identifying artworks.
- Layar had some very exciting news on their own, announcing 1.5m downloads and 500 layers.
- Layar also posted about this interesting layer that virtually recreates the Berlin Wall.
- Chris Grayson is narrating his Augmented Reality & Emerging Technologies presentation
- Directions Magazine on the trivialization of augmented reality and why AR should do more than helping you locate the closest starbucks.
Have a good week and stay away from erupting volcanoes!