- Total Immersion uploaded videos of the two keynotes given in their AR Immersion conference. I find the Adobe one is quite boring, but TI's CEO, Bruno Uzzan gives a very good talk on the past, present and future of AR.
- Did Layar hit the one million users mark, and if so, why was the Layar's original blog post removed?
- Now that Kinect was reverse engineered, and there's an open source driver for it, how long till someone creates an AR application for it?
- AirChalk, University of Illinois’ augmented reality drawing app wins Facebook’s Camp Hackathon competition.
- There's no gift more romantic that a QR code in cross-stitch.
This week's video is short and sweet, showing how a guitar lesson can be augmented. We have seen implementations of similar ideas before, but as far as I recall, it's the first with marker-less tracking of the guitar itself. Of course, it's nothing but a demo, and I'll be surprised if it tracks any guitar but the one in the video. It's cool, nonetheless:
Have an excellent week!