Here are a few AR news stories to make the wait seem shorter (btw - have a link to share? contact me on Twitter @augmented):
- Tish Shute interviews Vernor Vinge on the promise, progress and threats of AR. "I see four or five concurrently active paths to the Singularity ... If we humans want to keep our hand in the game, AR is an important thing to pursue."
- Sending text messages while driving is a risky behavior, is augmenting reality while driving doubly so?
- Much have changed, even more stayed the same - virtual reality and augmented reality in 1990, a lot of potential limited by available technology
- Cyborgs and the augmented reality they Inhabit - I must confess that although this discussion seems interesting it's too much philosophical for me
- What's better than a phone with a 3d display? A phone with a 3d display used to augment reality, a collaboration between LG and Wikitude
- If you are a Junaio user and live in Ireland, you can win a Mazda.
Our weekly video comes today from the Future Lions 2011 contest, where young advertising professionals are called to "Advertise a product from a global brand in a way that couldn’t have been done five years ago, to an audience of your choosing". Tom Houser and Victoria Trow came up a way to use augmented reality as an alternative source of income for record companies. I am a bit of a skeptic, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless:
Have a great week!