If you are an avid reader of this blog, you are probably interested in AR.
If you are interested in AR, you probably know that Layar had a fantastic day, at least PR wise:
- VentureBeat - "Augmented reality browser Layar expands worldwide, eyes iPhone"
- ReadWriteWeb - "Layar Augmented Reality Now World Wide on Android, iPhone is Next"
- Brightkite - Brightkite & Layar take you through the looking glass to see your friends in a new dimension: "Using the Layar Augmented Reality Browser, you can now look at the world around you through your phone’s camera, and see your friends’ posts, photos and locations superimposed exactly where they were made."
- Augmented Reality Soundwalk with Layar: "Soundwalks mix fiction and reality in a cinematic experience giving the listener the impression of actually being in a film. The Layar Soundwalk will augment reality with additional contents to the St. Germain des Prés in Paris Soundwalk with Virginie Ledoyen and original music by Benjamin Biolay."
- And GoWeb3D created numerous other layers, among them one for Flickr and one for Wikipedia.
Even more details, on Layar's blog.