Now, having done with the excuses, here's the weekly linkfest:
Articles & Videos
- YDreams' blog - what's augmented reality added value?
- Fast Company - "Augmented Reality is Both a Fad and the Future"
- If you have a friend that doesn't know a thing about AR, let him watch O'Reilly webcast where Chetan Damani of AcrossAir explains it all.
- Following Wikitude, media favorite Layar is now on the appstore.
- Following Yelp, Urbanspoon adds an augmented reality view.
- Lodestone AR Compass is a browser for the great outdoors. Two bucks and it's on your iPhone.
- CiviCast (from CiviGuard) is an augmented reality browser for civil services with a lofty goal - "To guide & protect global civilian populations in the event of a crisis through authoritative & reliable information delivery over mobile communications networks."
- Can't even call it a browser, 3d Compass is just a floating compass for Android.
- Total Immersion presents markerless tracking on the iPhone
- Columbia University's submission to ISMAR09 - Augmented reality used for maintenance and repair by the US Marine Corps.
- A more detailed video of what the augmented reality experience to promote the Transformers DVD would look like (hope it's better than the movie :).
Have a great week!