- Juniper research is predicting that mobile augmented reality will by a $750 million industry by 2014, which is a lot more than the previous $350 million estimate by ABI research. Just a quick reminder - Twitter is valued at one billion dollars.
- Tish Shute preaching for Wave powered augmented reality infrastructure at Mobile Monday Amsterdam.
- Thomas Carpenter reveals Qualcomm's plans to use face recognition to create augmented social networks.
- We had quite a few marketing campaigns this week:
- Target uses AR markers to spin a virtual wheel, but I wouldn't call it augmented reality otherwise.
- InStyle magazine has an augmented version of its December cover (using Total Immersion's tech).
- And more of Total Immersion - augmented albums for some Brit and French bands.
- Play with a virtual Dodge Avenger, I think it's the first time anyone used augmented reality to sell a car [via Development Memo for Ourselves]
Have a great week!