Google Goggles Galore:
- Google Goggles review at Augmented Planet. Nice overview, and a good video showing some of Goggles capabilities.
- Google Goggles is the real thing, or so claims Blake Callens of Zugara. Nice video showing it identifying a dart board.
- The Enkin guys announce that they were acquired by Google and hint about their involvement in Goggles. (I'm just a bit skeptic).
And in other mobile browsers news:
- Wikitude teams up with Lonely Planet to offer augmented city guides. Currently only 10 American cities are included, but more are to come.
- Wikitude is also now available for Symbian.
- Junaio opens up its API for developers.
- And Tonchidot, makers of the Sekai Camera, raised a whopping four million dollars.
- AR Dev Camp New York Recap at 'sproke.
- Scout a portable pedestrian navigation device - a conceptual AR device.
- Zugara shares some stats about augmented reality, cannonballz and the popularity of webcams.
- And Mazda teamed up with Total Immersion to create augmented reality kiosks at the LA Auto Show for Mazda 2. What a bright idea!
[Games Alfresco readers, go to Gigantico to see the clip if it doesn't work for you]
Have a nice week!