- Three of #ARE2010 are online - Bruce Sterling, Will Wright and Jesse Schell. I'm still looking for the Blaise Aguera y Arcas one.
- Google Goggles project manager Shailesh Nalawadi confirmed at ARE2010 once again that Goggles is coming to the iPhone soon.
- Total Immersion created a sort of "AR inside" logo to be freely used by the community.
- YDreams won the first Auggie demo competition.
- Metaio announced two exciting partnerships, the first with Kooaba adding vision based AR to Junaio on the Android. The other is with YOUReality to improve their eCommerce solutions.
- Not one, but two applications wants you to spray graffiti via augmented reality - TagDis which takes a game approach, and ARstreets.
- ReadWriteWeb on how AR helps doctors save lives (also check out one my early posts about AR used to train doctors).
- And finally, if ARE2010 left you hungry for more and speak Italian, maybe you'll find IAR2010 interesting.
This week's video is not from ARE2010, but cool nonetheless. EXMAR is a conceptual periscope-like device that attaches to your mobile phone and lets you see an augmented view of your surrounding without pointing directly at anything. It's great for minimizing hand strain, looking behind you and admittedly for perverts. Created by students at Korea's KAIST institute, the related paper was submitted to ISMAR10 but is not available online as far as I can tell
Have a great week, see you back on the 20th (unless my flight will be canceled again).