Here are some other weekly augmented reality news from around the web:
- Thomas Carpenter had some great posts this week (he is a fierce contender for the top AR blogger spot), but his best was surely this one, where he interpolates current trends to come to the conclusion that Augmented Vision will be available circa 2015.
- ReadWriteWeb discovers augmented reality.
- LittleProjectedPlanet takes Little Big Planet and translates it to the projected AR format, or so they say.
- Not only Star Trek, Night at the Museum 2 (what were they thinking?) , uses AR for promotion (in Australia), but in a tired "novelty" way. Best of all, they claim it's the "first time ever in the world that it's been done with newsprint" (source). Obviously they come from a different world than I do.
- McCANN New York brings us an augmented reality pencil application to scribble on our screens.
- BMW took its augmented reality campaign to promote the Z4 model to the streets of London, and actually got a cool video.