But before we begin, a special message to those of you who like beer as much as AR, and live in the vicinity of Munich. Toby of augmented.org is inviting you to the first Munich AR regulars’ table. You can find more details here, and don't forget to take pictures. Feel free to tell me about your own AR event/meetup!
And now, for the links:
- Whimsical infographics on GigaOM portraying mobile AR application that are going to change the world.
- ReadWriteWeb asks whether AR should be open or closed, and the answer is not that clear when comparing Layar and acrossair, each advocating a different practice.
- Did you know that Yahoo filed a patent on geo-located social AR? How Apple of them.
- Augmented Planet writes about best practices in augmented reality browsers
- CNBC interviews the guys from QderoPateo we mentioned last week - they aim to build a custom AR device and software, would be interesting to see how successful they'll be.
- Layar is on Europe's top 100 startups, according to Techcrunch.
- A Czech AR ad for Peugeot 5008. Yeah, I mention it just in order to put a link to that old post of mine.
Have a great week!