Top three accurate predictions
- "The first cross-browser cross-platform AR content will start to appear" - Thomas Wrobel was spot on with this prediction.
- "Commercial AR will continue to be dominated by startups and small companies." - There's a reason why is now Layar's AR strategist
- "10x total investments in AR start ups over 2009" (Ori Inbar). Well, close enough, thanks to Layar and Tonchidot.
Top three inaccurate predictions
- "Apple's tablet will take AR to the next level with object recognition and a wider screen to view the world. " - Tom Carpenter would later pen one of the most read posts on Games Alfresco - "Apple's iPad Camera Fail".
- "A big social discussion will be triggered when google launches their HMD device connected to Android. People will form strikes and rallies against technology addiction." (Toby Kammann) - I must have missed that. To be fair, Toby did preface his predictions saying he's pessimistic about HMD going on sale this year.
- "I see either Layar buying Wikitude or Wikitude buying Layar. Either way I don't see their being 2 main browsers at the end of 2010." (Lester Madden) - Though many AR browsers have come and gone, Wikitude, Layar, Junaio and Sekai Camera are still playing strong. Anyhow, it's not like I was much more accurate, guessing that Microsoft will buy Wikitude.